For the non-dancers, there are a host of things to do in an around Gatton. Or you might want to stay in the region before or after the school.
Did you know that Lonely Planet named the Scenic Rim (bordering the Lockyer Valley) as one of the hottest destinations to visit in 2022?
Here’s a taste of what’s on offer in the Lockyer Valley:
- Gatton, Laidley and Forest Hill townships: our classes will be based in these three towns. Each is within five to 10 minutes drive from the UQ campus. They each provide opportunities for shopping and coffee.
- Food and drink: the Lockyer Valley and surrounding areas offer a variety of restaurants, bars and wineries as well as locally produced cheeses, chocolates, preserves and cured meats.
- Bushwalks and national parks: there are a number of National Parks within a half hour drive of the Gatton Campus. There are a range of walks that you could try.
- If walking is not your thing simply drive to a nearby lookout, to take in the views.
- Adventure sports: have you ever wanted to go hot air ballooning or skydiving. Or if you’re not that adventurous there’s always golf or water sports.
- Historical attractions: there’s history at every turn.
- UQ Gatton Museum: If you want to know more about the UQ Gatton campus, there’s a museum and heritage walk.
- Queensland Transport Museum – an ever-changing display of vehicles of all shapes and sizes
- Laidley Pioneer Village and Museum is an open-air museum displaying the lifestyle of early pioneers and history of the timber and farming industries.